The Avul Saamai may be called little millet in english but in no means its nutritional content is little. It is a rich source of B-vitamins, minerals like calcium, iron, zinc, potassium among others. It also provides essential fats to the body, the kind that helps in weight loss.
- 1 Packet (250 grms) of Little Millet/Samai Poha/Aval
- 2 Tbsp Urad dal
- 2 Tbsp Chana dal
- 6 Slit Green Chillies
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 4 Tbsp Peanuts
- 1/8 Tsp Asafoetida
- 1.5 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 10 Chopped Curry Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 3 Tbsp Oil
Wash, drain and keep the poha aside for 10 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and mix thoroughly.
- In a pan, add oil and do the tempering of mustard seeds, asafoetida, green chillies, peanuts and curry leaves.
- Add the poha and saute in the oil on low heat so that everything gets mixed up well.
- Afte 5 minutes, switch off the heat and add the lemon juice. Mix thoroughly.
- Keep covered for 10 minutes and before serving add coriander leaves.
- Simple and tasty poha ready!