Ragi Aval from our superhero farms are Crisp and fresh Ragi aval which can be used instantly. Used for quick breakfast and evening tiffin’s. It has been cultivated traditionally in the hills of India especially in states like Uttarakhand.
RAGI AVUL RECIPE:
- Ragi aval [Ragi poha, kezhvaragu avul, finger millet pohe] – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 [sliced]
- Green chilli – 1 [sliced or chopped]
- Ginger – 1 ½ tbsp [finely chopped]
- Curry leaves – 1 spring
- Coconut – 2 tbsp [grated, optional]
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp [roughly chopped]
- Mustard seeds – 1 tbsp
- Bengal gram – 1 tbsp
- Urad dal – ½ tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash ragi aval then drain water [don’t soak] & steam in idli cooker for 3 min. Then let it cool [2 min].
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds & let its splutter, Bengal gram, urad dal and peanuts. Then add onion sauté well.
- Add ginger, capsicum, green chilli & curry leaves sauté. Then add grated coconut.
- Add ragi aval and salt mix well. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves. Cut off heat and serve hot with pickle, coconut chutney.