This is the wheatier version of flattened rice. Nutritious flakes which are helpful in reducing weight can be taken as a porridge. Accompanies you in making easy-peasy recipes.
- Wash wheat poha then drain water.
- Steam it in an idli cooker about 3 minutes then let it cool.
- Heat pan with oil add mustard seed & let it splutter. Then add Bengal gram &urad dal.
- Add onion sauté till soft then add ginger, green chilli, carrot & curry leaves.
- Add coconut sauté gently.
- Add steamed wheat poha and salt then mix well.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves mix well. Then cut off heat and serve hot with pickle, coconut chutney.
Wheat Poha | Godhumai Aval | Wheat Avalaki – Wheat is considered to be the less carbohydrate food and is also a staple grain of North India. This has prevailed its benefits in South too and is believed to be a simple and healthy platter. This type of Poha/Avalaki recipes are found to be an authentic and a healthy breakfast. Its diabetic and diet friendly too.
There are no reviews yet.